Become an Exmouth Yacht Club member!
embership forms can be downloaded
Membership Categories and Rights
ORDINARY MEMBER: Any person over the age of 18 years.
- Is entitled to a vote;
- Is entitled to discount prices at the bar and for functions
- Is entitled to hold office: and
- Is entitled to enjoy the privileges of the Club such as participating in Sailing Races, Regattas or Training.
LIFE MEMBER: Any member who has given outstanding service to the Club may be elected to Life Membership by the members at a General Meeting of the Club. An Ordinary Member may nominate a person for Life Membership to the Management Committee who will decide whether or not to recommend the nomination to a General Meeting. A Life Member shall:
- Exercise the right of an Ordinary Member; and
- Be exempt from paying membership fees.
JUNIOR MEMBER: Any person to the age of 18 years provided that person:
- Shall not have voting rights;
- Shall not hold office;
- May be represented by one parent at meetings of the Club and such person shall exercise the rights of an Ordinary Member at such meetings;
- Can participate in Sailing Races, Regattas or Training if accompanied by an Ordinary or Life Member; and:
- Is permitted to enter the club room but is not allowed in the Bar area unless accompanied by an adult or parent.
- Non Residents : They can become a member for a reduced fee, (presently $5 plus nomination fee) valid for one month only. One non resident membership per year.
Other Membership Details
- The period of financial membership is 1 July to 30 June.
- The membership subscription fee is payable in advance.
- Membership benefits commence once a member’s subscription fee is paid and membership accepted by the Management Committee or its approved delegate.
- A member can only sign in 5 guests on any one day.
- A one year lapse in membership will require a former member to renominate for membership and a nomination fee will be payable to rejoin the Club. The nomination fee is currently $5per person.
PLEASE download the membership form New membership form